Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Persepolis

The Complete PersepolisThe Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first serious graphic novel that I have read, Tintin, Asterix wouldn't fall in the category of serious, I am guessing. It's very engaging, far greater than probably a non-graphic novel essentially because the characters are already personified and you don't have to struggle about putting a face to the character.
The novel itself gives a true reflection of a common person's life in Iran, through the years of struggle that the entire country went through and the escape that most people with financial back-up would have made.The later part of the novel where Marjane feels lost between Iranian and European culture can be well understood and I wish I could know what happened to her after her return to Europe.

View all my reviews

No comments: